SWE section creates or participates in educational, outreach and volunteering events in the community where members are able to sign-up to volunteer.
It’s as easy as 2 SWE members volunteering at the local food bank or animal shelter!! So go volunteer, be safe, and have fun while you are doing it.
The events must be submitted to the s2schallenge.com website with relevant information (Event sign-in sheet, Photo/Media Release Form, video, pictures or media files).
Once the event is created and submitted on our website, a Schlumberger representative will verify the validity of the event and approve the event. Events must consist of an educational, outreach or community volunteer opportunity and have a minimum of 2 volunteers per event.
Once an event is approved, it will be posted on our website under your university’s SWE section. SWE sections can be considered for bonus prizes for the Best Video / Media content, Best Social Impact Event Performance, and Most Community Service Hours. These additional prize recipients will be determined by a Schlumberger panel.
- 1st Place (Most Events) = $5000
- 2nd Place = $ 3000
- 3rd Place = $ 1000
- Best Video / Media Content = $ 500
- Best Social Impact Event Performance = $ 500
- Most Community Service Hours = $500
How to participate:
- Volunteers must sign-in (Volunteer Event Form) to participate
- A ‘group’ photo must be taken. ***This can be in the form of a collage or any other creative output as long as it follows social distancing requirements
- Participants must sign Photo Release Form (one form per event with signature from all participants)
- Volunteers must wear S2S t-shirt during the event provided by Schlumberger through your SWE Section.
- The S2S Social Impact Challenge is open to all freshman, sophomore, junior or senior (May/June graduation) engineering majors who are members of a participating SWE section or partners organizations (WISEST, POWE). To see this year’s participating schools, please refer to the “SCOREBOARD”.
- Each section must submit a minimum of 2 volunteering events to be eligible for awards.
- By participating, applicants agree to:
A. the Official Rules, and the decisions of the Schlumberger judges, which shall be final in all respects;
- B. Release, discharge and hold harmless Schlumberger, as well as their respective officers, directors, and employees from all claim or damages arising out of their participation in the Contest.
- In the case that a SWE section wins and accepts a prize, the section agrees to:
A. Add Schlumberger as a sponsor on the SWE section website, and news letters or any other media used by the section.
- B. The use of their names and/or likenesses and event response with the Contest and its promotion without any additional compensation (including winners or, if minors, their parents or legal guardians agree, where legal).
- Each event must be accompanied with media content (videos, photos, posters)
- Videos should not be longer than 2 minutes
- Participants must sign Photo Release Form ( one form per event with signature from all participants)
Media Content Guidelines:
- Keep your video, picture or media file to a maximum file size of 200MB.
- Accepted file types for video are: MP4, WMV, MOV, AVI.
- Make sure everyone featured in your video, picture or media file has signed a release form agreeing to their participation. These should be clearly labelled and submitted with your video, picture or media file.
- Check you have permission to film in the location that you choose.
- Think safety first! Make sure all activities in your video, picture or media file are performed in accordance with HSE standards at that location and for the activity being performed. Watch out for what might be being captured in the background of your shot!
- If you are using music, images or additional video footage, they must be royalty-free —there are many websites where you can find these. Failure to comply with copyright regulations could result in disqualification of your video, picture or media file.
- Make sure your video, picture or media file is in English.
- Don’t mention anybody’s last name.
- Don’t show detail of any potentially sensitive and identifiable company property e.g. research projects, tools, equipment or operations.
- Don’t make any derogatory comments about volunteers, members or people in general.
- Don’t include music, photos, video clips or other material protected by copyright.
- Don’t disclose proprietary or confidential data.
- Don’t include children, animals or political or religious iconology in your video, picture or media file, or anything that could be regarded disrespectful or insulting.